Monday, October 14, 2013

Day 1: The little stuff matters too

So yesterday I was full of excuses, and I am ashamed of that. I will publicly shame myself by telling you my excuses so I will never use them again.
We didn't have any food at the house that I wanted.
I worked all morning on a Sunday (which is the worst day to be a server (seriously it makes me really sad) ).
I was busy with the baby.
Nick really wanted to watch the football game at a bar.
I was craving chicken wings that they make exceptionally well at said bar.
I was tired.
The chicken was still frozen.

OK

Now that my excuses are out of my system, I can start getting into shape. Today I did something little that may not seem a big deal to people but it was a huge deal to me. On my way to buy groceries, I knew that I needed to stop somewhere and get lunch, because everyone knows you buy more on an empty stomach than a full one. I usually go all out when I stop for fast food, I think to myself that if I'm going to spend the money, I might as well enjoy myself. Most of the time I end up with a big greasy (delicious) roast beef sandwich with some sort of seasoned curly fries and a Pepsi or Mountain Dew because I go to certain fast food chains based on which brand of soft drink they have. And since my drug of choice is Mountain Dew, I like Arby's, Taco Bell, and KFC the best. Well kids, this time I thought about what I'm trying to do here and went to Hardees (still greasy and delicious) but instead of ordering something that would have made me feel like I have to "start my diet over again" I got a turkey burger with ketchup and pickles!! This was not the healthiest thing on the menu, but it was way healthier than I could have been!! I'm proud of myself, I know that mustard is better than ketchup and that you can get the sandwich with lettuce instead of bread (low card option) but I needed to get full. I didn't have any fries or soda today, I was drinking a coffee drink I had made in the morning with coffee, skim milk, and caramel syrup. Again, not the healthiest thing I could have had but when on a normal day I can put down 2 32oz Mountain Dews without blinking, this is a big thing to me! So I would say that my new lifestyle is going very well. I bought a plethora of healthy food and I am actually getting ready to prep some of it now so I don't have an excuse this week. I want to start exercising but I'm trying to start with the little stuff first, then we will move on to the hard stuff.

Tomorrow, I will be weighing myself for my official starting weight, and I will let you in on what I prepped for the week!
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you always wanting to become a better person! God wants us to always strive to be our best with His help! I'm your biggest fan (at least until Sophia gets old enough)! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Keep it up and I know you will do great! It is a struggle but we can both do this!

    ReplyDelete