Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Craving some Dessert?

There comes a time at around 8 pm every night. The baby just went to bed and I can finally sit down. Then it hits me, that evil little craving that wants something chocolate. Every. Single. Night. It's sad really, I've been eating what I want without thought for how healthy it is that I've programmed myself to have something sweet before I go to bed. This is something I need to work on, because that's the hardest part of the day for me, I can go all day without a thought to eating a sugary snack, then I sit down after 8 and all I can think of is "what kind of chocolate is in the house?".

So, instead of making myself go insane by trying to ignore the crazy cravings I've trained myself to have, I've decided to look for healthier solutions. One day I will cut out desserts to being a special treat once and a while, until then I am turning to healthier things like greek yogurt.

If you haven't tried it yet, you definitely should, now it is pretty different from regular yogurt in that it's thicker, creamier, and has a little tang to it. Not as sweet as regular yogurt, but I have found it to be really versatile. Tonight for a little sweet treat, I have greek yogurt cookie dough.
 
It is a simple recipe, all you do is take one container of nonfat plain greek yogurt, one Tbsp. PB2 (or regular peanut butter), one Tbsp. sweetener, 1/4 tsp. vanilla, and a Tbsp. of chocolate chips and mix it all together, and you have a semisweet bowl of goodness! Also if you haven't tried PB2 yet and you are a real lover of peanut butter like myself then you should try it. Basically it's powdered Pb with most of the fat taken out so you get the great taste with way less calories.
 
 
I'm super excited about meals I've been preparing today, I don't have all the ingredients to do all of them so I'll tell ya about it tomorrow!
Melissa
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment